Monday, March 30, 2015

Frame the Days in Praise

I am sandwiched between two generations, the one ahead of me seems to go so slow, almost "no go" and the generation I'm ahead of seems frenetic.  I have survived the first half of life. I have established an identity, relationships, friends, community, security and foundation for life, even though it seems to be in a constant state of flux. But now, I find myself paying more attention to the interior of my life rather than it's exterior as I clarify my intentions and examine my motives. I came across this quote the other day and it helped me understand my imbalance, a bit.

"One cannot live the afternoon of life according to the program of life's morning; for what was great in the morning will be of little importance in the evening, and what in the morning was true will at evening have become a lie"
-----Carl Jung, The Structure and Dynamics of the Psyche

except for this: "From the rising of the sun to its setting, the name of the Lord is to be praised!"

Psalm 113:3




Credit to Richard Rohr, Falling Upward: A Spirituality for the Two Halves of Life.


No comments:

Post a Comment