Sunday, February 1, 2015

You Can Be Anything You Want to Be If.........

you have a few good friends to tell, teach and help you! 

The Wardrobe Mistress helps me, the ultimate  minimalist how to dress, another an interior designer pulls my house together, one teaches me how to paint. My paintings turn out just fine, thank you very much. My kids say, "Mom, you really have talent!" Ha, little do they know I have a good friend coaching me where to put every little dab and dash of paint. Friends are the "secret sauce" that makes working out fun! Friends know color and design, how to organize and create, how to be patient and live at peace with those you love, how to live with chronic illness, and walk by faith. Take Kathy below, for instance--the queen of thrift and coupons shows me how she took an old lace dress of her sister's and cut off the sleeves and collar and 'repurposed' it into a scarf. A different view point, a new look or skill makes a world of difference in our daily lives, thanks to a little help from good friends.



A good friend is like a candle - it consumes itself to light the way for others.

Matthew 5:15
Here's another way to put it: You're here to be light, bringing out the God-colors in the world. God is not a secret to be kept. We're going public with this, as public as a city on a hill. If I make you light-berers, you don't think I'm going to hide you under a bucket, do you? I'm putting you on a light stand. Now that I've put you there on a hilltop, on a light stand--shine!
Keep open house; be generous with your lives. By opening up to others, you'll prompt people to open up with God, this generous Father in heaven.
The Message


No comments:

Post a Comment