Friday, March 12, 2010

Wisdom's Call



It was a bold experiment: Place a renowned violinist in the D.C. Metro during rush hour and watch what happens! Would people stop and listen to classical music played on a 3.5 million dollar violin by the handsome young celebrity disguised as a street busker?. He stood in the busy L’Enfant Plaza. He was superb. He was loud The result: No accolades, no applause from the 1,000 plus people who hurried past. The violinist was ignored. Then, a woman stopped and listened. She recognized the violinist and the significance of the performance. I want to be that woman, but would I? I hurried past my Bible today in a stack of books and catalogs. Disguised as an ordinary book, it cried, “Read me, read me!”.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY: Does not wisdom call, and does not understanding raise her voice? On the heights, beside the way, at the crossroads she takes her stand; beside the gates in front of the town, at the entrance of the portals she cries out: "To you, O people, I call, and my cry is to all that live. O simple ones, learn prudence; acquire intelligence, you who lack it. Proverbs 8:1-5

Prayer: Thank you, for pouring out your thoughts and making your words known. Help me to take ten and listen.

2 comments:

  1. Sunny -- this was great! I love the tie here. yes, so often we (I) get caught up in the daily trappings of my own business and forget to listen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always good to get feedback on a post. Thank's for posting your comment here rather than sending it to my email account!

    Sunny Marie Hackman

    ReplyDelete